According to Eat the Year, today is National Corn Chip Day. To celebrate, I thought I’d share my family’s super simple taco salad recipe. Now, I know you’re thinking, how hard is taco salad that you have a “super simple” version. Well, this is not your ordinary taco salad. This, my friends, is the perfect mix of “I want good food” and “I’m too lazy to do anything more than dump stuff in a bowl,” i.e. big bang for your cheap college dollar. The only equipment you need is a big ass bowl and either tongs or salad servers.
For a family of 5 (with a bit left over), in a big bowl, mix up:
- 1 large bag American style salad mix
- About half a bag of tortilla/corn chips (preferably broken into bite size pieces)
- 1 can of ranch style beans, with the juice in the can
- 1/2-3/4 can pitted black olives (to your own taste), without their brine
- 3/4 bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 pkg grape tomatoes (or, 2-3 diced tomatoes)
Once it’s all in there, stir and serve. Could it get easier than this?